When people are accused of a crime, they face the terrible possibility of going to jail. A good attorney can represent anyone accused of a crime to the best of his or her ability. They can negotiate with prosecutors and can often arrange for reduced charges or lesser sentencing, if an irregularity or defense cannot be found.
At Jones Law Office, PLLC. , we do much more than simply question witnesses in court, we:
- Understand the possible "hidden costs" of pleading guilty, which a self-represented person might never think about.
- Have a former prosecutor on staff, resulting in a familiarity with court customs and procedures that aren't written down anywhere (for example, we know which prosecutors have the "real" authority to settle a case, and what kinds of arguments are likely to appeal to that prosecutor or the judge if necessary).
- Are familiar with important case law and legal rules because many criminal law rules are hidden away in court interpretations of federal and state laws.
- Formulate sentencing programs tailored to a client's specific needs and abilities, often helping defendants avoid future brushes with the justice system.
- Provide defendants with a reality check, a knowledgeable, objective perspective on their situation and what is likely to happen should their case go to trial. This perspective is vital for defendants trying to decide whether to accept a prosecutor's offered "plea bargain".
- Work to reach an outcome that increases your ability to have your records sealed or expunged if possible.
- Can gather information from prosecution witnesses.
- Can hire and manage investigators, who may be able to give testimony that will believably impeach or contradict prosecution witnesses who embellish or change their stories at trial or find witnesses who might do so.
Finding a Defense Attorney
When faced with charges, trying to find the right lawyer, quickly, may feel overwhelming. At Jones Law Office, we have found that people who have been recently arrested need to talk to an attorney as soon as possible. The most urgent priority is often getting a lawyer to help arrange release and provide some information about what's to come in the days ahead.
We have someone available 24/7. If they do not pick up immediately, leave a message with pertinent information regarding the case and contact information and they will get back to you within the hour.
Our office have over six (6) years experience in the Tulsa District Attorney's Office and in Broken Arrow as the City Prosecutor. We have over eight (8) years performing Criminal Defense Law at the City, County and Federal levels. In over forty (40) felony trials we have only lost once and the sentence given was a third of what the prosecutor had offered as a plea agreement.
We want to help you in your time of need. Call us now to set an appointment to discuss your case. Every case and circumstance is unique and the requirements for handling the case are unique as well. An Attorney telling you that one size fits all is either overcharging you, is not conversant with the issues or will scale back services to fit the quote. Saving pennies and risking your freedom or getting a record, is not a smart move. Be smart, schedule a non-binding thirty (30) minute meeting and let us help you choose the best path through this.
Payment Arrangements, when necessary, may be considered.